Preparatory Steps for Kitchen Remodeling
Remodeling your kitchen is an exciting event – especially once it’s over. To make the job get off to a good start, here are a few tips:
- Move out all equipment you won’t be using in the kitchen before the remodeling process starts.
- Make plans to cook food in a make-shift temporary arrangement during the entire process of remodeling.
- Remove all furniture, pictures and decorative items hung on the walls.
- Cover electrical sockets in the kitchen with a sticker or waterproof cover to prevent dust from collecting on them.
- Disconnect any gas appliances to prevent accidents.
- Turn off heating and air conditioning systems to prevent dust and fumes from entering other rooms.
- Spread mats on floors to prevent scratching.
- Cover all openings from the kitchen to the other rooms to prevent dust from entering other rooms.
Kitchen remodeling can be a bit inconvenient while it’s happening, but once the job is done, the results are worth the aggravation, and the inconvenience is quickly forgotten.